Friday, August 16, 2013

And it's a year already!

Aug 16th was the day I stepped into the US-a new life, a new home. And I have completed one year already. It has been a busy yet wonderful time.

I have to admit not everything was rosy. The first six months without the car were very painful and I did get annoyed about it most of the times. Not having a job and spending most of the day online looking up vacancies, applying and interviewing also tested my patience. Trying to socialize and make new friends in a foreign country was also a difficult task especially for an introvert like me.

But I think the positive aspects of this move outnumber the negatives. I traveled to so many beautiful places-San Diego, Las Vegas, Sonoma and all the local touristy spots. I made some really good friends, tried my hand at Zumba, started this blog, worked as a freelancer, got employed full-time, learnt baking, volunteered, learnt Italian, got introduced to Hitchcock films, visited some wonderful museums and I'm currently learning how to drive and swim. I love the fact that there are so many opportunities to explore. I know I've only scratched the surface. There are tons of things that I have on my list and so many places to see. This is only the beginning and I'm prepared and excited for another year of fun, adventure, learning and happiness.

3 comments :

  1. Very crisp and apt writing.
    All the best for more years to come in foreign land!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 1 year! Good writing :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for completing one year on this land of opportunities...
    Wishing you more fun, happiness & learning in the coming years ahead.
    I really liked the way you have pen down your words..
    All the Best & Enjoy the togetherness with Vishnu..!

    ReplyDelete