Sunday, April 6, 2014

Fun Times

February and March have been very happening months. I did a variety of activities and enjoyed each one of them thoroughly. As there are too many things to write about and not enough time for all, I'm combining them all into one post.

First up was Cirque Du Soleil. It is essentially is a circus with extremely entertaining performance-acrobatics, dancing, stunts, gymnastics, live music and astounding visuals. This was my first time viewing it and I was completely enthralled by it. This show is a must-watch!



Cirque Du Soleil Stage


Then followed a nice long walk with friends in the Shoreline park in Mountain View. Nothing better than strolling in the warm afternoon, soaking in the beautiful surroundings and chatting with friends. I intend to do this more often. Good for the body and the mind!

With Friends in Shoreline Park

Picnic in the park was next on my schedule. A group of twenty girls with a potluck meal met in a park in Palo Alto Downtown. We played Uno (a card game) in the beginning and as the group grew bigger, we switched to more fun activity-talking! There was so much variety in food and I was thrilled that all but one dish was vegetarian. I baked garlic pull apart rolls which was loved by everyone.

Potluck in Palo Alto Park

Garlic Pull Apart bread rolls I baked

Picnic was followed by a hike with Bay Area Older Adults (similar to my previous hike at Uvas Canyon). This time, the location was Rancho San Vicente-a private land which has been acquired by the Parks department and is still not open to the public for hiking. So I was very fortunate to be able to hike in this park. Like last time, it was an amazing experience walking along the beautiful trail, listening to the hike leaders talk about the wildflowers that were blooming and conversing with the seniors. It was quite a steep hike and since it was an unshaded path, the sun was beating down on us. We stopped at the top of the small hill where we could get a view of the Calero Lake. We had a small picnic lunch to replenish our energy and then headed back down. It was a fun and informative session.


Picnic lunch at the top of Rancho San Vicente

View of Calero Lake

I also managed to catch a quick coffee meet with friends on one rainy evening. It was a short meeting but was fun nevertheless.


The most recent activity was quite strenuous yet equally fun. It was rock climbing at Planet Granite. It was a two hour activity of which the first hour was belay lessons, instructions about rules and safety precautions. The next hour was rock climbing and belaying with a partner. I attempted rock climbing twice and managed to get only halfway because of low strength as well as fear. It was a new and fun experience but I'm not sure I'd want to do it again.

Me tying the knots with my belay partner Nirmala

Rock climbing

2 comments :

  1. That doesn't look half way ;-)
    Just kidding... Keep up, try doing it once again

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete