Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Friday Eve in Mountain View Downtown

Within no time, 15 days have passed. After spending most of my time making lists, looking up stores/deals/furniture online, I was more than delighted when V pinged me on Friday noon asking me if I was willing to go to Mountain View downtown. Suddenly my boring day looked brighter.

As decided, I took the Caltrain from home and met V at the station. I was monstrously hungry. We stepped into a Greek restaurant-Gyros House and ordered hummus. To our surprise, it came with regular bread instead of pita bread. What was even more surprising was that they had no pita bread at all. A Greek restaurant with no pita? I was way too hungry to judge the hummus and I ate a major portion of it, although I couldn't finish it.


We were supposed to have dinner with friends so we didn't order anything else and decided to stroll along the downtown. Compared to the Sunnyvale downtown, MTV has a lot more variety in terms of cuisines and restaurants. There were at least 2 restaurants of each cuisine. As I walked passed a Mongolian place, I was fascinated by the way the noodles and vegetables were stirred on a large skillet. However, V told me that non-veg food was also prepared on the same skillet so I had to take heart only in looking at it instead of tasting.

Until our friends arrived, we whiled away time in a second hand book store (one of the few places of common interest for both me and V). When the rest of the people came, we chose yet another Mediterranean restaurant-Cafe Bucklava to have dinner. Food was nothing great but we had fun laughing and talking. It was an evening well spent.   




No comments :

Post a Comment